From Coal Furnaces to Heat Pumps…
Founded in 1928 as Capitol Furnace and Stove Repair, our early focus was on supplying cast iron repair parts to the heating contractors of Indianapolis. Sheet metal pipe, registers, grilles, heating controls, and roofing supplies soon filled the shelves in our warehouse at 419 East Washington Street.
Capitol grew and expanded during the next 35 years under the leadership of Ted Kolbus. This time period saw coal give way to oil and then to natural gas as the fuel of choice. Gravity furnaces gave way to forced air, and air conditioning became an affordable option for many families. Ted was joined by his two sons Mike and Bob in 1970 and the three ran the company together until Ted passed away in 1986.
In 1980 Capitol moved to their current location at 2020 N Illinois Street, providing over 30,000 square feet of warehouse space. Today Bob’s son Ted continues the work of his father and grandfather as he leads the company into the 21st century.
Capitol Supplies wants to be our customers “Preferred Supplier” of HVAC supplies and equipment. We realize that when contractors pick up the phone to order materials they have numerous options. Only thru continuous efforts to exceed our customers expectations in the areas of Quality, Service, Selection and Price can we achieve this goal.